Slingshot Solo Wakeboard Review
Some board structures and configurations open innovative possibilities in wakeboarding. Narrower stances, razor-like thickness, and uncommon materials merge in risky but remarkable products. “Solo” is a unique artwork and an avant-garde exploration for wakeboarding fans. Let’s take a look at the main features and overall performance of different Slingshot Solo wakeboards versions.
Slingshot Solo Wakeboard 2022
Slingshot Solo Wakeboard 2022 is an all-time perfect choice for riders who look for the wake with no extra fillers. This wakeboard is well-built with wood cores that deliver high-end performance. Above all, this new introduction of Slingshot also opened a door of opportunities for more riders to try their riding skills and give birth to new riding spots around the world. This 2022 Slingshot wakeboard allows a rider to easily handle the obstacles, making them always ready with the ultimate wakeboard to tackle any sudden challenge.
- Wakeboard size (cm) 138 | rocker size (in) 2.8 | width (cm) 42.5 | weight (kg) 3.4
- Wakeboard size (cm) 142 | rocker size (in) 2.8 | width (cm) 42.7 | weight (kg) 3.4
- Wakeboard size (cm) 146 | rocker size (in) 3 | width (cm) 43 | weight (kg) 3.7
- Wakeboard size (cm) 150 | rocker size (in) 3 | width (cm) 43.7 | weight (kg) 3.7
Slingshot Solo Wakeboard 2020
Besides the 0.7 mm Ballistic base, this current model of “Solo” has several attributes resulting from a groundbreaking approach. The new channels across the board’s belly give more traction and control in every situation on the water. The “Solo” board, like “Windsor,” “Bishop,” and other Slingshot models has extra-flex on the board’s tail and tip with a specific arrangement.
- Wakeboard size (cm) 142 | rocker size (in) 2.8 | waist width (cm) 42.7
- Wakeboard size (cm) 146 | rocker size (in) 3 | waist width (cm) 43
- Wakeboard size (cm) 150 | rocker size (in) 3 | waist width (cm) 43.7
The vertical alignment of wood sheets and carbon fibers configures a flexible but durable merge. The 0.7 Ballistic base absorbs all the rough landings, moves, and impacts during intense tournament seasons. Slingshot makes quality explorations with its materials’ possibilities.
The distinctive feature of “Solo” is configured by the channels across the middle-section or board’s “belly.” The three-stage rocker profile allows synergy between “pop” and “smooth” effect over wakes. The simple but imaginative artwork by Alina Scherbakova completes the daring spirit of “Solo.”
This board requires strong and high-end bindings created for extreme wake boarders. With M6 inserts configuration, “KTV,” “Option,” and “RAD” expand the possibilities of “Solo.”
- Available on thin fuller tip shape (tip and tail with extra-flex).
- Three-stage rocker profile.
- Wood and carbon fiber core.
- Slingshot Merged sidewall.
- 0.7mm Ballistic base.
- Channels across the board’s belly.
- 0.5’’ Bolt-on fins with edge enhancers.
Slingshot Solo Wakeboard 2019
This previous version of “Solo” also offers the harmonious combination of vertical alignment of wood sheets and carbon fibers. The 0.75’’ x 6’’ wake fins indicate an important difference with “Solo” 2020. The special fins allow a better response over wakes. Laser-cut channels through the board’s belly improve the overall control and displacement during transitions.“Solo” 2019 was created for practitioners with an intermediate or advanced skill level but maintained its versatile structure. Colored stripes merged with wood textures give this product an elegant but sporty identity.
- Wakeboard size (cm) 142 | rocker size (in) 2.8 | waist width (cm) 42.7 | rider weight (lbs) upto 189
- Wakeboard size (cm) 146 | rocker size (in) 3 | waist width (cm) 43 | rider weight (lbs) upto 217
- Wakeboard size (cm) 150 | rocker size (in) 3 | waist width (cm) 43.7 | rider weight (lbs) upto 260
This wakeboard is perfect for all riders looking for one high-end deck for a better wake-riding experience. It embraces each feature that simplifies the decision before a rider goes for a ride. Perfect for intermediate and advanced riders, this Slingshot Solo Wakeboard 2019 can undoubtedly make a difference in your wake rides.
Final thoughts / Conclusion
Sometimes the new ideas and explorations propose divergent paths. “Solo” 2019 were produced for better “traction” and stability over wakes. Also, the general structure of the “Solo” previous model was a great achievement. However, the overall performance achieved with “Solo” 2020 marked a vast difference from its previous version. Belly channels and the new bolt-on fins with edge enhancement push beyond the base structure of all the high-end Slingshot boards. For this reason, we choose a daring but remarkable model which offers unique possibilities for wakeboarding.